What is engineering?
In order to understand what an engineer is or does, it is important to first know what is engineering. Engineering is the application of different scientific fields such as mathematical methods, design, innovations, applied science and many more… there are different types of engineering such as:
- Civil Engineering: civil engineering an engineering branch that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the built environment.
- Agricultural engineering: agricultural engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the study of agricultural production and processing.
- Mining engineering: it is a branch of engineering that is focused on the extraction of minerals from the earth by the application of engineering and technological procedures.
- Mechanical Engineering: mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that is concerned with the applying of engineering, physics, engineering mathematics in order to design, analyze, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems.
So what is an engineer?
What is an Engineer?
An engineer is simply a person that practices engineering whether that be, inventing new things, creating and testing machines, designing models, analyzing or even building.
what is a design?
The design is a term that refers to the creation of a plan in order to construct or create an object or a product. In order to make a design, it is important to keep these factors in mind which are aesthetic, economics, and functional dimensions. The person performing the task “designing” is referred to as a designer. So what is a designer?
what is a professional designer?
A professional designer also known as a design engineer is a person which is involved in any of the engineering branches whether that be civil engineering or mechanical engineering. In most cases, designers work with a team or group of engineers in order to develop and create a design that is both well detailed and feasible which of course will ensure that the final product will actually perform and function as intended to be. Thanks to the advent of CAD and solid modeling software, it has become much easier for a designer to create drawings and plans by himself; however, it is always better to work alongside other engineers in order to eliminate any possible flaw or mistake that may occur especially in the beginning.
3) Reasons why to hire a professional design and engineering team
Bringing an idea from concept to reality is really not that an easy task, it may seem expensive to do, time-consuming, and sometimes even impossible to do. However, there are plenty of ways of not only ensuring that the idea will become a reality but also with a cheaper cost and even less time. Here are the top ten reasons why it is important to hire a professional design and engineering team:
- The cost of manufacturing will be lower: at first this may seem not obvious at all, simply because people think that hiring of professional designers and engineers will make the manufacturing and creation of the product extremely expensive; however, this cannot be any further from the truth, because simply in most cases, engineers and designers have already dealt with similar ideas to the one you are trying to bring to reality. Thus, they know a better way of creating a mechanism or a system with fewer mechanical parts and materials in general, this will reduce the overall cost of the manufacturing by simply lowering the cost of extra materials, manpower and other additional costs.
- The manufacturing of the product will be significantly easier: obviously professional designers and engineers have their own share of experience and talent and you will not have probably problems manufacturing or designing a product, due to their knowledge and experience, the combination of the designers and engineers will bring an easy way of creating and manufacturing the desired product.
- The manufacturing of the product will be less time consuming: as stated before, professional engineers and designers will find a way of creating a system or a product with less extra parts as possible. This will not only reduce the overall cost of the manufacturing process but also the overall time as well.
- The chances of creating a good product will increase: it is a common fact that the more diverse and experienced the group is the more likely that you will end up creating a better product or a system.
- Satisfying the demands: with a good design and engineering team, it is possible to get the best result and thanks to their experience they will meet your demands and requirements.
- The final product will be of a high quality: thanks to the combined efforts of designers and engineers, they will ensure a good and efficient quality of the final product.
- A great opportunity for intellectual property ownership: By hiring a professional team of designers and engineers there is a high chance of being able to patent your project.
- Effective communication between the team: thanks to a highly experienced team, it is easier to have a great communication between the team members, thus ensuring the best outcome of the work.
- Having access to great design techniques and equipment: working with a professional design and engineering team will bring lots of benefits to the table such as having access to great design techniques and equipment.
- Faster to get your product to the market: it is not a secret that the quicker a product is manufactured, the faster it will be possible to sell it in the market.
In conclusion, there is no doubt that hiring a professional team of designers and engineers will bring a lot of benefits and advantages, and while it is not free of its drawbacks and challenges, however, these cons dwarfs in comparison to the pros. So in case you are willing to manufacture a product from A to Z without hesitation hire a design and engineering team.