The structural adaptation of the Mechanical system, the Electrical system, and the Plumbing system is an important work carried out in the construction phase of the artificial intelligence building project. AI for security generally works in conjunction with the MEP system to increase or decrease cooling, fresh air, and lighting, depending on the number of people in the building.
Applications that can prepare your mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) firm for AI
1. BIM technology (Building Information Modeling / Model) technology-based solution set including an automatic logical chain setup for the MEP system:
BIM or Building Information Modeling is mainly used in the construction industry. With the expected increasing recruitment in 2020, the chances are rising rapidly in the AEC industry as well. In today’s age, BIM is no longer an option, but it is essential. AI has a useful position to rethink how to model building information using MEP. There are two different ways to get deeply involved in the construction industry. First, AI should support various features that are familiar to any business. Second, AI can help business administration manage demand forecasting and planning.
The use of AI technology serves to optimize the development of the product and design structure as well as the quality control test. It is also necessary to change from a conceptual model to a real model that can be constructed. Therefore, technologies such as augmented reality and mixed reality play an essential role in strengthening the digital engineering process.
2. Device grouping and labeling schemes, which are usually required in MEP processes, can be generated by AI-based algorithms that also help to convert BIM information into GIS map models:
BIM provides a solution for interoperability in the AEC industry by providing a backbone of information throughout the lifecycle of the building. With BIM, the various stakeholders involved in the build process can work together on a common platform, with significantly less information sharing costs. BIM aims to address interoperability issues among stakeholders in the AEC industry, but integration with other systems such as BIS and GIS both are becoming increasingly important. The AEC industry reports that more than 80% of the information can relate to geographic information.
Previous studies have shown that BIM and GIS domains need information from each other. The AEC industry needs data from both BIM and GIS, and seamless data integration between BIM and GIS should be achieved.
3. The AI algorithm also helps digitize and integrate MEP-relevant information:
When it comes to automation and digitization, we are not just blindly following industry trends. The company’s significant assets are at stake, management requires enormous effort, invaluable resources are used, and a company can find the most effective strategy that can be found worldwide. We can invite experts. KI and ML are already shaking the world by breaking all industries in the world. And it brings an increasing impact, which is getting stronger every day. MI companies should focus on talking about original stories because AI tools only provide the opportunity to use that kind of thinking. Then you can use original stories as part of the competition for work and become part of your corporate culture. Smart companies have gained a competitive advantage by integrating AI into digitization.
4. Artificial Intelligence-based Operations and Maintenance Tool (O & M) which use MEP-related information to recommend the daily O & M task, and respond effectively to MEP-related emergencies. It guarantees the security of an AI-based intelligent O & M management and MEP system and its subsystems.
5. The relationship will continue to be critical. If you work for successful MEP firms, you already know, in terms of subcontracting or design, that the link is an essential element of success. It does not change, even if Artificial Intelligence is added to the MEP. However, when modeling and drafting are automated, relationships can become a more critical element of success. If you’re a big company, you can consider implementing customs formats for industry work and building relationships. Track outreach costs as a separate cost center so you can see the long-term return on the investment. Implement a Customer Relationship Manager to map relationships with key decision-makers and potential customers. Above all, please make every effort to involve your current and future project participants.